As Sterling Financial Group’s President and certified financial advisor*, Tom is committed to finding the right financial solutions for our clients. He is dedicated to providing a client-first, knowledgeable, and transparent approach to helping clients protect and secure their financial futures. Tom is a proud resident of Chesapeake, VA with a vested interest in seeing the community thrive. He is also a loving husband, to Barbara, father; to Victoria, Jon, and Chris; and son, to Kenneth and Rhoda. When he’s not working, Tom enjoys running, gardening, and kayaking. He is also an active member of the community and regularly mentors students and serves on several boards and commissions. Tom has over 20 years in the financial services industry, graduated from Bob Jones university with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, and from Birmingham University in England with a graduate degree in business administration.
- 20 years in the financial services industry
- Graduate of Bob Jones University with Bachelors in Accounting
- Graduate of Birmingham University in England with a Graduate degree in Business Administration
- Former Goodwill Ambassador to England
- Rotarian Scholar
- Qualifying Member, Million Dollar Round Table* (2019)^
- Member, New York Life President’s Council (2009)¹
- Member, New York Life Executive Council (2010 -2020)¹
- Investment Adviser Representative with Grove Point Advisors, LLC, A Registered Investment Adviser
- Registered Representative with Grove Point Investments, LLC
- Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®)
- Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor (CMFC®)
- Past member of the National Society of Tax Professionals
- Past President of Chesapeake Tax & Accounting Service
- President of Meals on Wheels of Chesapeake
- President of Chesapeake Commission of Health and Well Being
- Past President of CHIP of Hampton Roads
- Active involvement in local non-profit organizations.
- Married to Barbara, with one daughter, Victoria, and twin sons, Jon and Chris.
¹Awarded by New York Life Insurance Company for outstanding sales achievements. Council is an annual company recognition program based on agent production from July 1- June 30.
*Financial Advisor offering investment advisory services through Grove Point Advisors, LLC, A Registered Investment Advisor.
Awards or recognition by unaffiliated parties are not indicative of investment success. Awards or recognition do not ensure that a client or prospective client will experience a higher level of performance. The Million Dollar Round Table is a trade association to help insurance brokers and financial advisors establish best business practices and develop ethical and effective ways to increase client interest in financial products, specifically risk-based products like life insurance, disability, and long-term care. Annual qualification requirements include demonstrating a set annual production requirement and agreeing to a code of ethics but are not based on client experience or performance. For more information regarding the Million Dollar Round Table eligibility, please see https://www.mdrt.org/membership/requirements/. Membership in no way constitutes an endorsement from Million Dollar Round table or any client. Let's start your journey towards financial success
^ MDRT is recognized throughout the industry as the standard of excellence in life insurance sales performance.